Today we are sharing the exclusive interview with Trae Morris in which you will get to know a lot of things about his music.
Previously Shared: Band Khirkiyan Hum TV Dramas Details, Cast, & OST
Read Trae Morris Interview
Q: How did you come into music industry?
- I have always had the dream, but a series of events pushed me into believing it was possible. I met one person after another on this path that have either believed in me, encouraged me or provided a relationship that will help me reach my goals. It’s been a lot of networking, trial and error and perseverance. It’s not an easy industry to break into and I am putting forth the work to get where I want to be.
Q: Who was your inspiration for music?
- Diddy & Chris Brown. A lot of people don’t know this but I see a lot of myself in him from a business stand point. I view myself as not only an artist but a business and a brand. He’s well rounded, he isn’t a one trick pony, he’s a mogul and that’s what I see for myself on the business side. Chris Brown artistically in my opinion is the best our generation has seen on a stage or in a studio. I study his art, his visuals, his stage presence, I can’t even go to his concert these days as just a fan it’s almost like doing homework. Where can I improve, where can I grow, what’s going to make Trae a better artist.
Q: What is the name of your debut song?
- “The Door” is the very first single from my debut EP Subconscious
Q: Say something about your musical journey?
- Fulfilling, I’ve been doing this for almost 4 years and every year I see major progress, every month its more streams, more supporters (because I don’t consider myself big enough yet to have fans). To tangibly SEE the fruits of the hard work is SO fulfilling, I’m nowhere close to where I want to be but I’m on my way, sooner than people think.
Q: Who helped you most in your journey?
- My manager Michelle and the engineer and creative brains behind my Project Jeremiah Adkins. I’m tough, I’m stubborn, and sometimes I don’t want to listen because of the “goal” but they both keep me grounded focused and give the tough love I think every new young artist needs.
Q: Who gave you pieces of advice?
- I’d have to say it hasn’t been just one person. It’s been a collective of wisdom over the years, every day you meet someone who has some good guidance and you take it in, add it to what you already know and apply it consistently.
Q: What do you do now a days?
- For the time being, I still have a full time job. I work as a personal banker Monday thru Friday because music is not cheap “haha”
Q: Let us know something about your future projects
- We recently launched Trae Morris Apparel which currently sell’s the #TeamTrae shirts. Later this year I will be releasing my EP Subconscious & On July 28th I will be performing the National Anthem for Iconic which is a live pro wrestling event by MUSE entertainment. The team is busy. I also have a few more projects up my sleeve that I can’t give too much detail on currently but follow my social media for all updates.
Q: What is your message to your fans?
- I don’t have fans I have a team #teamtrae which is how I reference my supporters. My message is thank you. Artists are nothing without the people that purchase our music, products, come to our shows. They put the money in our pockets that allow us to continue living our dream day to day so to my supporters, I THANK YOU for rocking so heavy with a new artist. I love and appreciate each of you
Q: Any message for new artist?
- It’s not easy, there is no shortcut, and develop a thick skin. You will hear no more often than not, but the journey is one worth taking and nothing else feels as amazing as watching your hard work pay off before your eyes.